Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Birth Told in Statuses

Without naming the facebooker who posted these, I'd like to tell the familiar tale of birth in the US:

June 28- I don't have my non stress test until Thursday, but anytime I've had monitors thus far they say he looks beautiful and is a happy baby! Lol.

June 29- Ultrasound Biophysical Profile- I was surprised they did the 3D but it was awesome :) trying to decide who he looks like. Haha.
Apparently they had my due date wrong...new due date? July 8th. It was July 17th or 18th.

July 1- They changed it again yesterday. They're getting on my nerves, it's back to the 17th. maybe he will decide to be early anyway. I'm not dilated any yet though. :(

‎2 more weeks!

July 4- Coming to (hometown) to wait for the baby.

July 5- 7:03am- That's the plan, unless they wanna induce me or do a c section.
1:57pm- protein +1, BP 140/88...
4:21pm- They told me I had a contraction...lol, 38 and 3 days
5:56pm- Anyone wanna roll me down a hill...or let me borrow a trampoline...?
6:09pm- Protein was higher than normal. BP was up. They did a biophysical profile and said my fluid is 'on the low end of normal.' Sent me to the hospital to tell me everything is ok. They are wasting our time. They tell me how emergent it is, and yet, when I go to the hospital absolutely nothing is done. I'm irritated and ready to have this over with.
9:27pm- There's not much I can do at this point but go home to (hometown) and hope I go into labor. A week and four days. At this point though I will try anythinggggggggg. I'm ready for this kid to be OUT!

July 6 - Get to go to the doctor on Monday to talk about possible induction. Maybe we are getting somewhere?

July 7- Okay, little "practice" contractions. Get stuff moving, so this kid can come out.

July 7- Apparently it (birthing ball) helps bring on labor too. I wish I had one. :(

July 8- We'll find out Monday if I can pop him out sooner!

July 10- Plan for today: Find motivation. Go bounce on exercise ball at gym, and walk on treadmill.

July 10- bounce, bounce, bounce... Evidently it's a possibility it could help towards labor? So i'm bouncing on an exercise ball. Lol.
39 weeks today. ... Bouncing didn't help. Got one heck of a headache and feel like crap though...yaaaayyyyyyy.

July 10- Appointment tomorrow at 2:30, finding out about possible induction then.

July 11- Gonna be induced. Just waiting for the phone call to find out what time/day!... Oh man. Scheduled for tomorrow at 9pm.

July 11- Bed, then just waiting around tomorrow!

July 12- You know...I intended to be sleeping a lot today...but wake up at 6? :/ Hopefully I manage a nap before this evening? Haha... Plan: nap, get little stuff together, shower, dinner, then off to the hospital.

July 12- Getting ripening agents, probably won't have too much going on until morning. I don't get food. Just ice chips. :( ♥... Waiting for baby to arrive!

July 13, 2:28am- Evidently not much progress yet, but the contractions are certainly keeping me awake.
3:47am- Nubain...thank you.
6:11am- Getting pitocin now, epidural soon, they said he should be here by this afternoon!
9:07am- Epidurals are gifts from god.
12:10pm- Just had my water broke, hopefully things will speed up!
6:00pm- I'm 4cm 100% effaced last they checked
8:50pm- ‎24 hours later...still no baby. Just exhausted and mad.
9:40pm- Probably going to need a c section. :/
12:45am- Baby born July 13th, 2011 7 pounds 4 ounces.

July 14- Really sore from surgery...got to stand up for the first time. Enjoying time with the little one though. ♥

July 15- We are doing ok they took my bandages off so i'm in more pain today than yesterday. Baby went to the nursery for testing and measurements. They gave me a binder...it helps a lot...Waiting for the doctors to bring Baby back, get to go home tomorrow morning. :) ...He has been going to the nursery for a few hours each night since its kinda hard for me to get outta bed.
9pm- Gonna try to get some rest soon. Getting discharged tomorrow morning. :)

July 16- Waiting to be discharged from the hospital, then taking the little one home to (hometown).

July 16- We are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment