I made watermelon-flavored lollipops with the kids today. I followed the directions exactly, and used my candy thermometer, and added the ingredients at precisely the correct times and temperatures.
I lightly greased the molds and inserted the sticks I'd bought.
When the time came to pour the molten candy into the trays, I was surprised to watch the lollipop sticks melt upon contact with the hot lollipop mixture.
I'd bought the wrong kind of sticks!
I had bought the kind that one would use with chocolate candies!
So I will buy the proper sticks for the next batch, and let the kids enjoy these, with all the unintentional phthalates.