Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Very Eccentric Mother Just... What?!

When I was growing up, there were nine planets- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.

We were taught to remember them with this mnemonic:
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets."

But now Pluto has been kicked out of the planet club, and that leaves us teaching the kids, "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine .... ?"
Which makes the very educated mother look rather stupid.
We needed to change it, but to what?

So the homeschool moms were discussing this at Playgroup today, and Grace quipped,
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Up Naked."

As awesome as that was, we took it a step further:

"My Very Eccentric Mother Just Showed Up Naked."

Just one of the many services we provide. You can thank us later.


No comments:

Post a Comment