Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Charming Birthday Present

Months ago I had a dream about Lucky Charms. I dreamt that I'd bought a box and was eagerly anticipating enjoying a bowl of them for breakfast. In my dream, I was worried that they wouldn't be there, and that my kids had gotten to them first. When I opened the pantry, the box was still there. Still cautious in my dream, I was afraid that it would be empty. I picked up the box. Still full! My lucky day!!
I got out a bowl and spoon and the lactose-free milk, and opened the box.
It was full of Grape Nuts.
I was confused, and trying not to cry.
"But you like Grape Nuts," one of my kids said.
"I know. And I do. But I really wanted Lucky Charms. My heart was set on Lucky Charms." I whined.
"It's ok... We'll put mini marshmallows in them." she suggested.
"It's not the same." I said, resigned to a bowl of gravel.
"No, no... really! We'll call them... Lucky Nuts!"
"Lucky Nuts. Lucky Nuts? LUCKY NUTS?!" (Needless to say, I was less than thrilled by this solution.)

When I woke up, we had neither Lucky Charms nor Grape Nuts for breakfast. I told my daughter about my dream and we had a good laugh. I pretty much forgot about it after that.

For my birthday, my daughter remembered me and bought me the Lucky Charms I'd been craving so long ago. A small gift that meant a lot.
When I opened them, that's where it got hilarious.
She had filled the box from the bottom!
She'd given me a dream come true- a box of Lucky Nuts!

(She also gave me a Grape Nuts box *packed* with Lucky Charms.)

Bonus Pic: The card Tessa made me!

1 comment: