Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let's Goooooooooooooo

Mountaineers!

Start of another WVU Football Season.
We took the convertible and parked in the same yard owned by the same guy as always. Ron had forgotten to get cash, so we paid the guy in ones and quarters scraped the bottom of my purse. I was impressed to find so much money in there! I'd been rich, and not even known it!

WVU has rules about what can and cannot be brought into the stadium. They will search the bags next to giant trash cans, and make fans throw away any items that are not allowed in the stadium.
The bag I pack is heavy, with bottled water, cans of soda, pepperoni rolls, etc, so Ron carries it from the car up the hill to the stadium. After getting searched a few times, he has learned to always give the bag to me, when we reach this checkpoint. I hold the bag open in front of me, bending forward slightly, and the guy barely glances into it and says, "Enjoy the game."
"You always get through without a problem." Ron commented.

"That's because I have huge... tracts of land." I replied.

"Yeah, he wasn't looking in the bag!"

Hey, gotta love the ol' Bend and Snap!

It's very crowded, and I'm pretty short, so it's easy to get separated walking through the concourse. Fortunately, all I have to do is look for a big guy in a bright gold shirt and blue ballcap.
Very easy to spot!

Blue & Gold. Here we are after getting to our seats. Please note how I sit so that Ron shades me.


The band leaving, and the Mountaineers arriving.

This pic was taken by some drunk girls fans who had the nerve to squish past us to get to their seats after the kick-off, but since they offered to take our picture, I couldn't be too upset. You can tell what Ron was looking at by the reflection in his sunglasses.

First Down, West Virginia!

These two ladies are adorable. They come to all the games and share thermos beverages. They are accessorized to the teeth with WVU earrings, necklaces, charm bracelets, fingernail decals, socks, and fanny packs.

First Down, West Viginia!

Why are the players standing around? The guy in the red shirt. The "tv time-out" guy. Does the red shirt make him expendable? If they would tackle this guy, the game could continue!

I do not know his name. We've always just called him "The Kid". Since he was about nine, or so, we've seen him through learning the rules, players and positions, to his voice cracking when he shouted "Let's go, D!".
Last year, he sported diamond studs in his ears, expensive sneakers, gold chains, and low, baggy jeans.
This year, the studs are gone, he's down to one gold cross, his jeans were normal, and look!- facial hair!

First Down, West Virginia!

Half-time show. Space tv/ movie theme. Star Trek, ET, and ... Star Trek. I think my 'red shirt guy' idea might work!

Yeah, that's a Mountaineer fan in a kilt.

You all know I love a guy in a kilt. But... this guy needs better gays, because, damn!
Is it the mustache? Maybe it's the hat?
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be... whatever this is.

This guy's 'blue' stayed on even though the rest of us were sweating buckets. I shudder to think what products were required to get it off later.

The cutest Mountaineer fan in the stadium.


Country Roads. Sweaty, burnt to a crisp, and happy.

Final score: 33-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment