Thursday, June 10, 2010

That's What They Do With Them

On the road to my house, there is a sign for Dick's Recycling.
When using the unusual sign to give directions to my home, I'd always quip, "And, no, I don't know what they do with them."

Well, today I was at the "old mall", and near center court, across from where Wiener World used to be, I spotted this:

Really! I'm not pulling your leg!
There's going to be a hotdog place called "Dick's"!
And it's... coming soon!

What is it with the uprising of these places?
Without beating around the bush, the "old mall" is pretty dysfunctional these days, and could really use some fiscal stimulation, but these newcomers would have to have a lot of spunk to open up a hotdog shop named "Dick's".
This could be a total cock-up, or a stroke of genius.
New small businesses really take a pounding, and the owners often end up shafted.
The food service industry is an extremely hard market to penetrate.
In this economy one has to wonder if they can pull it off.
I gotta hand it to them, though, for plugging away, and I hope they stick it out.



3 comments:

  1. Just a heads up... If they have the tools for success, they'll make money hand over fist. Otherwise, they're screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are insanely funny. -SZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!!

    Ron, I knew you could insert a good one!

    Stephanie, thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete