Saturday, November 28, 2009

When You Want that Fresh Feeling for the Holidays

A couple years ago, a friend sent me a link to TamponCrafts.com
They had a simple little ghost that was basically a tampon with two googlie eyes attached.
I made several ghosts, and then decided to see what else I could make.
A chicken was easy...
The next holiday was Thanksgiving...

Then came Christmas!






We had so much fun making these ornaments, we made a full nativity scene.







While some folks were terribly offended by the thought of a tampon Baby Jesus (not to mention a Christmas Dragon), I also had friends requesting reindeer and angels, etc, for their trees.

Some friends kept their ornaments dangling from their rear-view mirrors year-round, and they now resemble big white cotton balls with eyes, wings or antlers, so I'm thinking of hosting a tampon crafts party, to give everyone new ornaments for their mirrors.


No comments:

Post a Comment