Friday, October 29, 2010

Evidence

I got an idea for a Halloween treat, and needed white chocolate oreos to do it.
I knew Kroger sold them, and I'd seen them at walmart. I went to Kroger first. I couldn't find them on the endcap where they usually were located. Instead, there were seasonal Halloween colored ones. I assumed they were in the regular cookie aisle, so I walked back to that.
Golden Oreos, Reduced Fat, Double-Stuffed, Mint, Breast Cancer Awareness pink ones, Oblong ones, Mini Oreos, Cakesters, Peanut Butter, Fudge Covered.... but no white chocolate ones!

I was forced to drive to Walmart, and knew exactly where to find them.
Once inside the store, I walked directly to the cookies aisle. There, I found all the above mentioned types, plus a new seasonal variety- Candy Cane Flavored- right where the white chocolate ones should be!
I was beside myself. Making my own white chocolate oreos would add three hours to my prep time!
I couldn't keep running all over town, so I put the items I'd need to make my own into the cart.
Resigned, I trudged toward the register. At the register, I scanned the tabloid headlines and then saw an entire endcap full of White Chocolate Oreos! I bought five boxes!
Once home, I grabbed the bottle of red cookie icing, and added a toothpick of green color, shaking well. I then drizzled the red icing all over the white cookies, and left them to set up, and headed out to Fairmont.



I threatened many lives if they were touched before I got back.
I returned a couple hours later and put the cookies into small plastic bags, and sealed them with "evidence" stickers.





Tune in tomorrow to see Jello Brains!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm....braaaaains! Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you having a party... I musta missed my invite.

    -jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was at Maggie's! You should have come!!
    Okay, what's the next big thing? Thanksgiving, Giftmas, New Years...
    For Halloween this year, I wanted to pull all seven Buffy Halloween episodes and watch them back-to-back. But no one wanted to watch with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I just finished that marathon a few months ago. I don't think I'm ready for a repeat for a few years.

    You'll have to let me know next time there is a get together of sorts. I want show big girl Hailey off :)

    ReplyDelete