Monday, June 20, 2011

Musical Response to Ron's Sarcasm

Ron found a yogurt container on the floor and when he picked it up, he found it was stuck to the carpet. "Yogurt containers stuck to the carpet. One of my favorite things!" he grumbled.
I immediately burst into song.
Making up the rest was easy.


Yogurt containers
Stuck to the carpet

Destroyed leather sofas
The color of muppets

Jars of jelly and honey,
Their lids always missing

These are a few of my favorite things!

Whiskers in sinks
Curing in toothpaste

Oy "indiscretions"
My rug will need replaced

I'm always running
Wish my van could sprout wings

These are a few of my favorite things!

Burned microwave popcorn
And pots boiling over

Magical 'potions'
Grilled cheese in the toaster

Wet towels on the bed
Blue bathtub rings

These are a few of my favorite things!

When the milk spills,
When the van dies,
When he wears camo with plaid

I simply go over my "to do" list of things
And I never have time to get mad.

Soda on laptops
My book goes unwritten

Nail polish on tables
My nails, they are bitten

I can't find the duct tape
You'll have to use string

These are a few of my favorite things!

My Little Ponies
GI Joes and Clay Sweeties

Dress-up and costumes
And crayon graffiti

ipods and hot rods
Ear gauges and nose rings

These are a few of my favorite things!

Six cats and pet rats
And feeding the raccoons

You still owe me tow money
And you got a new tattoo

PMS times five
Tampons? Pads with wings?

These are a few of my favorite things!

Fights over clothes,
computers and boys

That screamo shit music
Is nothing but noise.

Teens years upon us,
Gnawing on my apron strings

These are a few of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment