Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Save Me, San Francisco (part three)


Through the airport window, San Francisco looked grey and dreary. I hoped that was just the-sun-hasn't-come-up-yet gloom. We stepped out of the airport and the cold wind whipped my skirt around my calves and rain came at me sideways. Sunny California, and it was raining, and freezing! It had been in the 90's in WV, and it was 49 degrees in San Francisco.

We grabbed the rental car and started driving. As the day got brighter, the rain stopped and the sun came out. The cold was here to stay, though, and I now understand why everyone comes back with San Francisco sweatshirts and jackets! Our first stop included Ron buying a zip-front polar fleece.

Now, you can continue reading this entry to see where I visited, or watch the video version someone else has already posted HERE.

We saw all the sights:
The sea lions- my favorite part!

Alcatraz in the distance

Pier 39 is very touristy and fun

Add in "education" and you have my parenting philosophy!



More of "The Rock"

Cliff House... or what used to be.

Sunset

Haight Ashbury area... a lot of artists and hippies hang out here.

Lombard St, the crookedest street in the world.

View from Coit Tower

Postcard Row. "Everywhere you look, there's a heart (there's a heart), a hand to hold on to... Everywhere you look, there's a face of somebody who needs you..."


Coit Tower. Some of you may remember they scaled the outside on Amazing Race. That's because it cost so much to go up in it!


Sara's House, in Sweet November

My favorite photo, so far...



We were given a tip to try out the Jackson Fillmore Trattoria, and so after a windy bridgewalk,
and a rainy exploration of the Marin Headlands,
we drove our soggy selves over to check it out. Though there was not an open table in the place, we were seated at the bar immediately, where we enjoyed the view of the kitchen. Watching the magic happen only enhanced the experience. The service was fantastic, I had the Tortellini al Forno, with Tiramisu for dessert. I do not hesitate to say this was hands-down the best food I've ever been served in a restaurant. If I lived here, I'd eat here every day and weigh 300 lbs, and have to walk up and down the steep streets just to lose enough weight to fit in the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment