Thursday, September 1, 2011

Man Cake

I wanted to make a cake for a bachelorette party that featured a man in a bed. In the toy aisle of Walmart, I found several action figures that were very muscular and manly, but they had clothes molded/ painted on. The guy in my Man Cake would not have on full fighting gear!

I needed a topless guy, one that could possibly be naked, or wearing boxers. I walked over to the wrestler section, and bingo! shirtless men!


If I ever get the opportunity to make a cake for gay bachelors,
these are the guys I'll use.

A good choice- shirtless, and though only my friend Kevin C. would wear jeans and a belt to bed, this could work.

Then I noticed most, if not all the wrestlers have what I call a "masturbation hand"; an open fist positioned near the vicinity of this activity. Why do they have this? In other action figures, it's to hold weapons such as spears, swords, guns... but wrestlers do not take any such items into the ring with them. Occam's razor suggests that instead of smuggling weapons into the ring, these wrestlers spend quite a bit of private time in the locker room.


See what I mean?




This is the guy I chose for the cake, because he bore a slight resemblance to the groom.

Measuring for size. I wish he wouldn't wear his boots in the bed like that.

Cake was frosted with chocolate mousse frosting, then the fondant fitted sheet was put on. Marshmallow pillows help him find a comfortable, yet sexy sleeping position. Chocolate headboard was made by pouring melted chocolate into the bottom of a gladware container.

Fondant quilted coverlet, and more pillows. My husband teases me about my "nesting pod" of a thousand pillows, but when it comes to pillows, more is more.

And more pillows!

Ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment