Friday, April 3, 2009

A Shadow of My Former Self

When I begin my walk on the track at 4:30pm, my shadow is a fairly accurate representation of my physical self. I walk around and around, watching my overweight (and under tall) shadow follow along on the ground next to me, like a chubby walking buddy.
I turn on my mp3 player and start to find my rhythm.
As AC/DC pounds in my ears, I try to adapt to the strain in my calf muscles, my hips, my ankles.
By my third lap, the pain is gone and I'm almost enjoying myself.
After a few more laps, I notice a change taking place in my shadow.
With each lap, my shadow grows a little thinner, my waist gets narrower, my legs begin to look like Elle Macpherson's, and even my hair gets longer!
By the end of my walk, though I am sweating, my hair is plastered to my red face, and I look like I've been in the jungle for a week, I have the shadow of a goddess.












It's the best part of my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment