Monday, October 26, 2009

Kitchen Ogre

We spent the day in Weston. While visiting my in-laws there, we had a fantastic dinner of fruit salad, chicken, steamed broccoli, seasoned potatoes, baked beans, and sourdough as well as pumpernickel bread. For dessert, vanilla ice cream and orange-craisin cookies.
Shortly after dessert, we left for home.
When we arrived home, less than an hour later, the kids began sniffing around for food.
Often, in the mornings I wake up to a sink full of dirty dishes, all the eggs, bread, milk, cereal, and bagels having been eaten in the night.
My routine lately tends to be staying up late, laptop on the kitchen table, guarding our food.
One child came in at 1:00am and proceeded to pour a huge bowl of cereal that took half the box, and would have used a quart of milk, if I hadn't stopped her and made her put it back in the box.
After I (once again) sent Harrison to bed, he grabbed some paper and a pen on the way, but later came out to show me what he'd drawn:





No comments:

Post a Comment