Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Random Pics on My Camera

Signs, signs...
My kids would take the sign and use it to build a ramp.

Canopy Fail
(part 1)
The pool people really should stake these- this one blew right into kids coming out of the water slides.

(part 2)
Storm took out our canopy. Again!

Spotted at the store...
Once they are recycled, I suppose they do all sorts of things with them!

It's hot here...

Which, combined with a full moon, really brings out the crazies.

I got lost recently, the dirt roads getting dirtier by the quarter mile, but decided it was time to turn around when...
the NRA signs came out.
I have nothing against the NRA. But I'm scared of NRA members with cars on blocks, fridges on their porch, dogs on chains, and the first thing they say is, "You ain't from 'round here, are ya?"

Love these things. At restaurants, I hog them all up.
Finally, a whole box to myself!

Hey!!! What's with the fake side panels in my box of mints?

From the fastest deer...

To the slowest cat.
She sleeps like this all the time, right next to the tires.
It never fails to scare the hell out of me.

Super cool furniture- it's an ottoman...
That opens up to a bed!
Imagine the possibilities!

At Kid's Day, the Raptor Center had owls to observe. I asked a nearby little girl if the owls brought the mail for the Raptor Center. She looked confused.
"Like in Harry Potter?" I prompted
Her grandmother, who was with her, said sharply,
"We don't do Harry Potter. We believe in Jesus and accepting Him into our hearts as our Savior- not Harry Potter!"
A good comeback might have been,
"So does Jesus fly in with your mail?", but I didn't think of that until later.

Aaron is a fabulous Juggler....
But we couldn't find two more Chihuahuas.

Kids will make their own toys...
And then use them to launch sharpened sticks at each other.

This is at Walmart, in the Barbie aisle.
They won't sell music with explicit language,
but in the toy department you can buy
Pussy Galore! (yes, they use her name on the box!)

And lastly...

This was right outside my bedroom door. Everyone who sees it says, "Chipmunk", but the animal is almost a foot long. So I'm going to go with "Baby Groundhog".
Any CSI Wildlife Division fans want to chime in on this?

2 comments:

  1. Please... *I* accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and *I* enjoy Harry Potter! ... and He does not call us to be rude when someone is asking a very innocent question.

    ReplyDelete