Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lemonades Girl Scout Cookies

I bought Girl Scout cookies from Maggie, who lives in Clarksburg.
I bought two boxes of Samoas, and a box of Thin Mints, and a box of Dulce de Leche.
My mother also bought Girl Scout cookies from someone in Morgantown.
She called me a few days ago and said, "If you know anyone selling Girl scout cookies, get me some more of these Lemonades. They are amazing!"

The next time I was at my mom's house, I saw the Lemonades box on her table, and it reminded me to order some from Maggie.

Maggie delivered my cookies to me today, and mentioned she had extras.
"Awesome! My mom needs some boxes of the Lemonades."

"Lemonades? We don't have anything like that."

"Yeah, they are lemon, and my mom already bought some..."

"Nope. Look." and Maggie showed me the entire order form, and true to her word, there were no Lemonades on it.

Another mom looked at me and said, "Hmmm... You are crazy."

I started to think I had indeed lost my mind. So I pulled out my trusty laptop, and googled "Girl Scout Cookies Lemonades".
And then I found this: Lemonades Cookie Review, where a guy eats half of one and feeds the other half to his dog.

Taking all of this information into account, I have no choice but to assume that I79 is some kind of passageway - a 'thinny'- into a parallel universe, where many things are similar, but enough things are slightly different to tip me off to the fact.

We saw this before, in The Wastelands. We knew Roland and his Ka-Tet traveled through the world of The Stand not just by the "Captain Trips" virus information, but because of the graffiti ("Beware the Walkin' Dude," etc.) and the name of Abigail Freemantle ("Mother Abigail"), but because some of the makes and models of the cars were completely off.

My best guess is that it happens somewhere near the Goshen Road exit.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter was supposed to get her cookies this evening. You've got me curious now if we have Lemonades in Point Pleasant.

    ReplyDelete