Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Calvin's Community Service

The Arbors in Fairmont was hosting a Pet Parade so the residents could meet some furry (or in our case, not so furry) visitors.

Several families showed up with dogs (Sadie declined to bring Alice or Eclipse), and we brought Calvin and Jeff.

We did not have Jeff or Sadie on a leash, ha ha, so they had to stay in the van with the windows cracked. Just kidding. We, in fact, left them the keys so he could listen to the radio.











After the Pet Parade, we drove back to Morgantown and went shopping at Gabe's and Walmart for Father's Day gifts.
My friend Margaret told me last year that gladiator sandals were coming back. I still had my original ones from the 80's, but they were a size 6, and no longer fit after five pregnancies. Still, the prophesy was true, and I've begun seeing gladiator sandals all over the place again.

While I was at Gabe's, I found a pair of Colonial Madness cut-outs for $5.
These are a smart cross between gladiators and lace-ups.
There was only one pair, in one color, one size (mine!).
The store tag (Urban Outfitters) was still on them- $125.
I also found two Ann Taylor mini-skirts that I love, with the original $59.50 tags, for $12 each, which will be perfect for walking around Vegas. I bought them a size smaller than I wear now, which drives Ron crazy. But I have assured him that by the time I am boarding the plane, they will fit.

In the meantime, I'm still looking for good Father's Day gift ideas...

Then we drove to get Jeff's car from near the Evansdale McDonald's. When we got there, the car needed a little help. I got to show off my skillz a bit by helping Jeff jump the car, and also by re-inflating the flat tire. (Lots of practice on those, lately!)
Sadie and Jeff drove the car to his apartment, and I made sure to follow closely because the trunk wouldn't latch, and I was sure stuff would start hopping out when they hit bumps in the road.
With one half hour til Jeff had to be at work, we raced from his apartment to his house in Westover, where he changed into his uniform...


... I'm guessing he's some sort of McDonald's Rock Star/ Stripper?
Boy, those uniforms sure have changed from the polyester nightmares they had when I worked there!

We got him to work with 8 minutes to spare, a Staubly record!

1 comment: