Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rail Trail and Asthma Appointment


Rail-trail Clean-up Day. A nice walk, and it really helps the community.


Just our luck, a huge storm rolled through last night and washed all that pesky litter into the river!


A family of Canadian Geese.


The crew.


I don't know the point of this display.

After Rail-trail, I picked up Subway for the kids and headed to Playgroup at Marilla Park. Fifteen minutes after we arrived, I left the kids there with the moms and drove across town to grab Sadie out of school and take her to a doctor's appointment for her asthma. Jeff was tagging along to help Sadie with her Math.
In the parking lot, Jeff was delighted to find a rubber superball and on the way in discovered it performed great inside a vertical I-beam.
(I am unable to show you video of this, because of the superball's untimely demise.)
During the wait time in the exam room, Jeff kept bouncing his superball until Sadie and I said, in synchronized frustration, "I'm gonna hurt you!!"
It was great that Jeff tagged along, though, because it gave Sadie someone to talk to and eased the long boring wait times. Also, Sadie would not be nervous with a goofy friend like Jeff there.


Sadie tested negative for all the common allergens, but they are special-ordering extract of rat, in case rats and mice are different.

Jeff then began fiddling with the mouthpiece to the lung-o-meter, and his superball, and found a way to entertain us all.



In the end, though, even this fabulous top couldn't hold his interest, and he went back to bouncing the ball. A violent wrestling match eventually broke out over the ball, and it got ripped in half.
(which is why I could not video Jeff's superball I-beam trick on the way back out)

Jeff was sad for 13 seconds, and then found another toy to play with.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm like McGyver!"

    Good lord, I love that man-child.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete