Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A River Runs Through It

Ron: Look what I found! The brochure from my rafting trip.

Me: Yeah, I thought we weren't doing that.

Ron: You haven't given up on that, have you?

Me: Yeah, that whole conversation we had about 'how much does that moment suck, when you finally give up on that thing you really wanted?'... remember that?

Ron: Well, we still might... Look at this picture.

Me: Show that to the kids.

(Ron flips the brochure around and holds it up to the kids)

Arden: Yeah, I'm not doin' that.

Ron: It's not that much fun.

(room erupts into laughter)

Ron: I mean, it's not that scary!

Me: 'It's not that much fun!' Hahaha!

Sadie: Sign me right up!

Paige: How much does it cost?

Me: A thousand dollars a person.

Ron: Here's a picture of the raft.

Me: Show that to the kids.

(as he flips it around, the brochure's two-page photo falls into two pieces)

Me: It's the Titanic Raft.

Arden: I'm not getting on that.

Ron: It's a 15-person raft!

Arden: And I'll be the 16th person, waving goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment