Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Fool's Prank

The temperature this morning was 36 degrees. The high later on was supposed to be 68 degrees. It's hard enough to dress for days like these. Usually, I go ahead and dress for the 68, and gut it out until it warms up.
On my way out the door this morning, I saw the cats' water dish was empty. I usually just leave the hose lying in the dish, and turn it on for a few seconds every couple days. Today I noticed that something had been attached to the end of the hose.
Upon closer inspection, I realized it was the lid from a soda bottle, and it fit perfectly on the end of the hose.

Neat!
But the cats still needed water, so I twisted the cap off the hose.
Apparently the child that had discovered that a soda lid fit the hose went as far as to pressure-test their new invention.
The moment I twisted the cap-
an arcing spray-
and I was doused with ice-cold water.
Hair, glasses, make-up, clothes, purse ... all drenched.
And did i mention it was 36 degrees outside?

The shock of cold water, along with the freezing air, I couldn't remember being that cold in a long, long time.

When I find out who did it, I'll wait until they are lying in their warm bed, and toss ice-cube-filled water balloons at them.
"April Fool's! Hahaha! You shoulda seen your face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment