Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Take Your Helmet Off. There is No War in My Room


I can not sit down, I can not work out, I cannot watch a movie from my tub, because piles of clothes have taken over. And since I share this room with someone, I am extra guilty in my slob-like behavior.
My room is a mess, and I keep meaning to get around to cleaning it. My clothes storage is ample (in my opinion) but limited. My seasonal storage is one under-the-bed storage box, which holds shorts through the winter, sweaters through the summer.
My costumes and 'regular clothes' are kept in the same place, because I frequently incorporate a piece from a costume into my daily wear.


View of the outside through my bedroom door. My Peace Lily is blooming because there is no fighting allowed in this room. If there is fighting, I explain to my kids, then it will not bloom.
(So we fight in all the other rooms)

Bathroom, hamper, and (allegedly) a rocking chair.

There is an end table under all that.

Ikea chair, king-size bed, hope chest for storing out-of-season bedding (note one end cleared off, so Ron has a tiny place to sit).

My side of the bed.

Close-up of my nightstand.

Ron's side of the bed. (There's a bug under the green cup)

And lest you think Ron is too neat, I present his 'corner of shame'.

There's a tv behind the chifferobe doors. Ron's wardrobe has our "Clirty Clothes" hooks.

Both wardrobes, all the drawers/ cubbies.
My wardrobe has mirrored doors that are rarely closed.
My children use them when playing dress-up and,
for some unknown reason always lick the mirrors.

Buried Ikea chair (note flamingo feet sticking out), behind that, a Rebounder! Gabes clothes waiting to be returned.


My weight bench. Yes, there's a weight bench under there. And weights!

In the next 24 hours, I will purge unwanted clothing (this means I need to be selective- if I no longer love it, or look good in it, or feel like it suits me, it has to go!), sort through mismatched bedding, pitch old cosmetics, and clear off my nightstand.
Then I will post more photos.

1 comment:

  1. My house must be related to your room - they share the same features!

    ReplyDelete