Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chocolate and the Cha-cha-cha

The Songbird Learning Center hosted a Chocolate and Movie Party on Saturday, February 14.
Each guest brought a chocolate treat to share...

Chocolate Table


Fondue Station

We watched The Princess Bride, which most everyone had seen dozens of times and could quote at length.

After the movie, the moms began cleaning up, while the kids went into another room and played music that I can safely classify as "Lisa Repellent".
I think the kids referred to it as Screamo.

After some of the guests had departed, we could finally hear our music playing in the kitchen; happy, grown-up stuff that one could understand the lyrics to. As we stood around singing the songs that everyone knew, Santana and Rob Thomas' "Smooth" came over the speakers.
This Latin-rock song is perfect for doing the Cha-cha-cha. I bounced over to my husband and looked up into his eyes, pleading.
"Ron! Dance with me!"
Never in a hundred years expecting that he would, he took my hand and began to dance the cha-cha-cha, right there in front of god and everybody.
He was a firm lead and remembered the steps beautifully.

For four minutes and eleven seconds, I was in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment