Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I do not celebrate Valentine's Day.
Our first Valentine's Day, Ron took me to the movies.
We saw The Serpent and the Rainbow.

Not exactly a date movie.

Our second Valentine's Day, I bought him a card and small gift and he replied with, "Oh, do we do Valentine's Day?"

So I gave up.
I always told him if he was going to buy me flowers, he'd better do it because he loved me, and not because every commercial on the radio was telling him to do so.

This year, Ron asked me if he should do anything for me for Valentine's Day, and I told him if he dared to get me anything, I would gut punch him.

So on Thursday, two days before Valentine's Day, he brought me these, but explained they were
not Valentine's Day gifts.
And since I didn't get him anything (because we don't do Valentine's Day!), I feel like a real shit.




2 comments:

  1. You did get Ron something. Need a refresher?

    Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7EI4kBr7BY&feature=related

    Lyrics: http://lyricwiki.org/Soundtrack:Book_Of_Love_-_Peter_Gabriel

    ReplyDelete