Wednesday, February 4, 2009

ThinkGeek.com's Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

This blog post is dedicated to my all-time favorite geek, John R. Sheets.

I love shopping at
ThinkGeek.com .
I do about 90% of my Giftmas shopping there. Between Think Geek and The Onion, I've got it covered.

But people rarely think about them for Valentine's Day, and they have some awesome gift ideas for Valentine's Day.
Here are just a few of my favorites:


This is an Afterlife Travel Kit. They have them for going up, or down, but I liked going down best.




Why buy her that lame heart-shaped box of chocolates when you can get her a life-size, anatomical gummi heart? Strawberry flavor!




These Bittersweets candy hearts are a much more fun version of the ones we made a few blog posts back. They come in Dejected, Dumped, and Dysfunctional flavors.




A couple years ago, I went camping with friends and wore a t-shirt that read "I'm Blogging This". It definitely got a reaction! People liked it so much, they had me make a couple for them, as well.
I wish I'd thought of writing it on panties, because that would be ten times funnier, and probably would have sold more.



A Mix Tape USB!

Remember Mix Tapes?
My favorite mix tape came from my friend John Sheets, July 30, 1987.
It's called, "You Win a Few... You Win a Few...!"





Side A is Alive, She Cried by The Doors...
Side B is titled
A Few For The Road, and has Kansas, Styx, AC/DC, Bob Seger, Uriah Heep, Ozzy, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, and other great artists. After "Memories" are three bonus tracks you cannot see above, including the live version of Come Sail Away.
Within the Mix Tape, either in the songs used, or the order they are put on the tape, there is always a hidden (or not so hidden) message, or maybe a story.

After twenty-two years, Side B still tells a great story.
It's the story of a quiet, brilliant geek who befriends a crazy girl. He loves her dearly, but her default mode seems set on "self destruct". All he can do is be there for her and make her laugh, and not ever judge her. He moved away and since this was before the internet, they were forced to write 10 and 20-pages-long letters back and forth, with her going crazier, and him talking her down off the ledge time and again.
This is where the Side B story ends.
But then the internet got invented, proving that even MN was not far enough to get away from her. ;o)

And, John, this Mix Tape's a little beat-up and starting to squeak.
I think I'm due for another. (Hint, hint!)

No comments:

Post a Comment