Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Day in Pictures

"May the 4th be with you."

As everyone knows, I've been on an avocado jag lately, where I eat two to three of them a day. I don't know why the order came in, but I'm going to keep eating them until one day the order doesn't come in. Most agree it's better than my garlic jag.
The kids do not care for avocados at all, and stay away from them. If they knew how expensive they were, they might decide to develop a taste for them, but for now, I have all the avocados to myself.
Since she can't eat them, Paige decided to decorate them.



She also put similar stickers on the items going out in the teens' care packages. Look before you lunch!!
Sadie wanted to take her driver's test today, so I agreed to meet her at the DMV. When Sadie called the DMV, they told her what time they closed, and what papers she needed to bring, but failed to mention to her that testing was canceled today because of flooding!


So, we met them at the DMV anyway,

and then went in our van, down by the river, to check out the bridge.

Paige ignoring the flooded creek and looking for four-leaf-clovers.



After watching the creek for a while, we went to Gabe's to buy shorts for Harrison, and new tennis shoes for me, since the last time I bought sneakers, I was pregnant with Harrison!

When we came out of Gabe's, it was almost dark, and as I drove down the hill, there was something not quite right. I stopped and looked at my tires.
Not again!!

I called Ron and it took some time to convince him- he thought I must be joking!
But he came out in his superman pants, and saved the day by performing some sort of tire voodoo that got us home safe.

Even though it's two hours until my bedtime, I'm exhausted, and I have every intention of giving in to this fatigue!

No comments:

Post a Comment