Thursday, May 7, 2009

Waiting is the Hardest Part

While waiting at the outdoor tables of the hospital cafe`, my sister and I were chased by a spider that ran around the rim of my coffee cup and then jumped into my lap and threatened to run up my skirt!

While waiting, I showed my brother and sister all the funny youtube videos that all my friends have sent me.

While waiting, I read several chapters of Rehvenge.

While waiting, I ate three avocados, and a slice of pizza, and even drank half a bottle of soda. My fourth of the year.

While waiting, I listened to hours (and hours) of Faux News, constantly on in the background, per my step-father's request.

While waiting, I watched as family after family have been called into the special rooms, where the doors closed and the doctor delivers to them the news.

While waiting, I made a chart of all the kids signed up for a Physics Demo scheduled for Monday, and divided them into two groups.

While waiting, I watched my sister experience chocolate skittles for the first time, and kept my mouth shut. She could only eat half the bag, and wasn't impressed, either.

While waiting, I sat in a plastic recliner that makes a loud farty noise every time I move.

While waiting, I told my sister the funny story Stephanie told me about her mom falling into old english when she prays. And how she and her sister got in trouble for laughing.

While waiting, I shared a funny article from The Onion that could have been written by my brother. Some poor college kid will receive their issue of The Onion with that part cut out.

While waiting, I placed an order for some of the stuff I need to pack for Sarasota.

While waiting, I have surfed, texted, and called.

I'm still waiting. The people around me are pacing, and have grown quiet.

Seven hours, the waiting is over.

They just came in and told us we can come in and see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment