Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dinner for TWO

What a luxury!
With all the kids in other people's homes, I eagerly planned for an evening without kids. A stay-in dinner and movie date with my husband! I stopped at the store to buy ingredients for a romantic dinner for two, as well as airport/ airplane food for tomorrow.


I served a salad made from real grown-in-dirt tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. (Thanks Erica and Lori!).
I also served rotisserie chicken, and hot rolls with real butter.
Not pictured, but equally wonderful, Dessert was grilled poundcake drizzled with apricot brandy, topped with fresh blueberries and whipped cream.
I brewed iced tea for Ron to drink.

Ron worked outside in the dirt while I prepared dinner. An hour after it was all ready, I was still waiting for Ron to get a shower and put on clean clothes. Eventually, I started eating without him. By the time Ron sat down to dinner, the chicken was cold and a little dry. I was finished, so I watched him eat, while listening to Saturday Night 80's on the radio. When Ron was finished eating, he was stuffed, and exhausted, so he went downstairs to pack and to sleep (3:30am wake-up call).
This date is going so well, I've decided to watch the movie by myself, and stay up all night chatting with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment