Monday, July 13, 2009

Mullet Man and the Hoopy Frood

There's a place I go each day where there are two characters who always snag my attention.
The first one is a guy who took The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a little too seriously.
In several years, I have never seen him not wearing a towel. I understand that if he was just coming out of the water, that he'd put a towel on. However, even when he is fully-dressed and completely dry, he has his towel.
Yes, Todd, I do realize this kid is a "Hoopy Frood who really knows where his towel is".

The other kid has what is, sadly enough, not the last remaining mullet in West Virginia. I wish I could say mullets were on the list of extinct hairstyles, but they aren't even an 'endangered species' around here. Maybe on the 'threatened' list?

Today, as I pulled into the parking lot, to my exquisite delight, I was treated to the sight of both Ford Prefect and the kid with the achy-breaky hair playing basketball.



Yes, Ford even plays hoops with his towel. (He is a Hoopy Frood, after all!)



As I was leaving, Maggie showed me this cat. It's a cat, in a cage. Sitting outside in the middle of the yard, all by itself. The woman whom I assume owns the cat was sitting on the porch talking on the phone.


The cat stared at the woman with such contempt, I was able to hear its thoughts:
"I'm going to kill you. If and when you ever let me out of this cage, I'm going to freaking kill you."

Note- even the cat has a towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment