Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Happens in Vegas...

... is the same damn thing that happened in Sarasota!

When I last wrote, I was heading off to the pool. People were complaining of the humidity (30%).
I met my traveling companion and we quickly got to work on some frozen drinks with names like, "Aphrodisiac", and "Original Sin".


The cup she is holding in her hand cost $8. (Eye candy is free.)


The view from my lounge chair, at the pool.


Part of the view from my lounge chair.


New York, New York


The plan this evening was to walk to New York, New York, so we could get dinner, and some of us could ride the roller coaster. The roller coaster track is in the foreground of the above photo.



Walking across the pedestrian bridge after dark.


I was laughing because he was pulling my hair.





Candy Apple Display in New York, New York.


Inside the restaurant area of NY,NY.





Then the oddest thing happened. It began raining!! People were coming in soaked. When it was time to walk back to our hotel, we had to walk back in cool, driving rain. We sought shelter under a construction scaffold or something. There was a young man trying to give away passes to a night club nearby. He couldn't get anyone to stop, because of the rain. We stood and watched as he unsuccessfully tried to stop dozens of people.


Many were only slowing down to take off their stiletto heels and wade barefoot through Las Vegas' finest street sludge.
After a while, we said, "You never asked us if we wanted to go to the club."

"Aw, you guys don't wanna go to no club." he answered.

"How do you know?" Shelley asked.

"I can just tell. You guys are too..." he trailed off.

"Old?" I finished for him.

He did not disagree.

I took some interesting photos of people passing by, on their way to here and there.


Standing water on the street.


Running through the tunnel.


Rain-drenched Strip.


I wonder if they had to re-mortgage their house to buy that umbrella.




A real gentleman will give his date a piggy-back ride so her feet stay dry, right?

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun despite of (or maybe IN spite of) the rain.

    ReplyDelete